- 1 lb leen beef, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbl oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/4 cup seedless raisins, plumped in hot water and drained
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch each ground cloves and ground cumin
- 1/2 cup water
- salt to taste
- SautÃ© meat in the oil until browned. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add tomatoes, apple, raisins, cinnamon, cloves, cumin, and water. Simmer until liquid is absorbed (about 25 minutes). Check the seasoning and salt to taste.
Makes about 4 cups.
from Cole’s Cooking Companion Series: Tortilla International