- soft corn tortillas
- 1/2 t ground cumin
- 16 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 large eggs, fried
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterrey Jack and/or Cheddar cheese
- yummy salsa
- sour cream
1. Toast the cumin in a small, dry saucepan over medium heat until aromatic, about 3 minutes. Add the beans and chipotle or crushed red pepper.
2. Start frying eggs. As they are cooking, heat the tortillas by either method:
a. (The New Mexican Way â€“ preferred AND more fun!!!) Turn on burner and drop tortilla on it, turning often and quickly until tortilla is hard to hold on to. OR
b. Warm frying pan on med-high heat, Put in tortillas one at a time and warm until soft and yummy.
3. Spoon some beans onto each tortilla, then top each with a fried egg, cheese, sour cream, and salsa.