Goes with Mandarin Pancakes recipe.
- 3 green onions
- 1 Tbl grated ginger
- 1 Tbl soy sauce
- 2 Tbl water
- pinch sugar
- 3 Tbl oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 lb lean pork, in matchstick shreds
- 1/4 cup shredded bamboo shoots
- 1/4 cup dried lily buds
- 1/4 cup dried cloud ear mushrooms, soaked in warm water and drained
- 8 warm Mandarin Pancakes or flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup bottled hoisin sauce
1. Cut white parts of green onions into shreds and combine with ginger. Shred green tops and set aside. Combine soy sauce, water, and sugar; set aside.
2. Heat wok over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and swirl to coat sides of the pan. Add eggs and cook just until set. REmove eggs to cutting board and cut into thin strips.
3. Wip wok clean and return to heat. Heat remaining oil and add ginger-green onion mixture. Stiry-fry until fragrant, then add pork. Cook just until pork loses its raw color. Add bamboo shoots, lily buds, and cloud ears; stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Add soy sauce mixture and egg strips, increase heat to high, and cook until nearly all liquid is evaporated. Adjust seasoning and transfer to serving platter.
4. Serve warm Mandarin Pancakes or tortilla on a separate plate, with green-onion shreds and hoisin sauce in small dishes. For each serving, spread a pancake with 1/2 teaspoon of the sauce, add a few green onion shreds, and top with some of the pork mixture. Roll the pancake aroudn the filling and eat with the fingers.
From Tortilla International – Cole’s Cooking Companion Series p. 72.