yield: a whole lotta hungry inauguration-watching fools for two days.
Inspired by a recipe from epicurious and highly adapted by Chris.
- 2 tablespoons vegetables oil
- 3 pds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- oil for sauteing
- 1 pd parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 big onions, peeled & chopped
- 2 pounds russet potatoes
- 3 cups canned chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 bay leaf
- parsley, salt and pepper to taste
Heat vegetable oil in heavy large Dutch oven over medium heat. Saute chicken in oil, salt and pepper.Â Cover with water and bring to boil.Â Skim scum.Â Add veggies and enough chicken broth to cover. Cook covered, simmering for a couple hours with bay leaf and seasonings.