- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets and stems sliced
- 2 med. potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 c. coarsely chopped onion
- 1/2 c. minced fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- Dash or more cayenne
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
OPTIONAL: 1 c. low fat milk
1. Steam cauliflower for 5 minutes until florets are just tender. Set aside but save cooking water. Parboil potatoes for 10 minute or until tender. Set aside but save cooking water.
2. Melt butter, add garlic and onion and saute until soft. Combine reserved cauliflower, potatoes, garlic/onion mixture and parsley and puree in blender or food processor in batches, adding the reserved liquid as needed.
3. Transfer the puree to a large saucepan and add additional cooking liquid to achieve a consistency somewhat thicker than ultimately desired. Stir in soy sauce, cardamom, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
OPTIONAL: Add milk, stirring soup to blend. Reheat the soup; do not boil.