- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed chile flakes
- 4 cup chopped greens, such as beet greens or Swiss chard
- 1 cup diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 cup cooked beans (garbanzos are my favorite)
- approx. 1/2 cup bean cooking water
1. Stew the onion and garlic in a little oil until the onion is soft.
2. Stir in the salt and spices.
3. Chop the greens and stir them in. (A little water left on the greens from washing them is good, it helps steam them done.)
4. When the greens wilt, add the tomatoes, beans and some of the bean cooking water. Cook for 10 or 15 minutes. The finished dish should be a little saucy, but not soupy. Add bean water or plain water accordingly.