Prep: 20min Cook: 35min Total: 55min
- 1/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 large potatoes, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 bunch broccoli, broken into small florets (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic powder, pepper, and salt. Add the beef, seal the bag, and toss to coat well.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until browned. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the broth, potatoes, and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the broccoli and cook for 5 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender-crisp.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.